Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mamma Mia!


Today is the day of birth for the woman who gave birth to me AKA - my mom's birthday!!!!!! I hope it is a lot more sunny for you in Washington today than it is in Utah Mom.

I just love this woman SO SO SO MUCH! She is seriously my hero. What a great example to everyone around her.

Things i love/miss about Living with Lisa....

1) OUR WALKS! Everyday around 10 or 11 at night my mom would come and find me and ask me to walk with her. I MISS IT! I miss our little chats about life while walking around the elementary school. Some of my best thoughts and ideas came from those little daily walks.

2) I miss having a diet Pepsi to drink at all times. They don't sell it on campus and I actually have to go somewhere and find one if I want to drink it. Usually I just mooch off my mom.

3) She is the cleanest roommate I have ever had, although little Miss Heather Mitchell DID give her a run for her money ; ) I always feel so cramped and pressed for space in my little Provo Apartment, but at home everything is organized and life just makes sense.

4) She is the only member of my family who is not ashamed of me and will always bust out in random cheers and songs while walking throughout the mall or in a store. She will talk to anyone. She is not afraid to ask questions or let someone know if they get her order wrong. She instilled this in me. My siblings have yet to learn this skill.

5) Bless her little heart, she tries SO hard to have everything perfect all the time. I blame her for my unrealistic expectations of other people. She is kind of a superhuman. I forget that not everyone can make things happen and make them happen well the way she can.

6. She is so witty and clever. She taught me to love books and be intelligent. Most people in high school outside my group of friends just saw me as quiet and nerdy. THIS WAS SO FRUSTRATING! Ok - i am a little bit nerdy, BUT THERE IS MORE TO ME AND MY MOM SAW IT! She always knew the real, determined, beautiful, and smart Katelyn. It was so nice to be able to come home from middle school and the early years of high school and have someone to have a real, clever, conversation with that went above and beyond the brain an 8Th grader.

7. I miss her enthusiasm and vest for life. Her pretty little eyes just sparkle. I need some of that right about now, as finals are quickly approaching.

8. SHE IS SO WISE. I don't have to say anything. I look at her and she just knows what is going on in my mind. I don't understand it. She can solve ANYTHING. It kinda freaks me out.

9. She is so classy. Despite my current slovenly appearance, I DO know What Not To Wear (even though I sometimes wear it anyways because I'm in college and it is easy and cheap), but my mom taught me better I PROMISE. - and just so she does not have a heart attack while reading this, I WILL clean myself up before i go out in public and fix my hair JUST LIKE SHE ALWAYS TOLD ME.

10. She is my best buddy ever and i miss just hanging out with her and going to town with her. NEVER A DULL MOMENT WITH THIS ONE!

3 comments:

Becky Noftle said...

A post any mother would be proud of--and you didn't exaggerate any of it! Your mother is awesome and so are you.

Worsham Family said...

What a great post!!! How lucky are you and your mom to have each other and how lucky am I to know you both :) Thanks for sharing.

Britt said...

I miss seeing your mom to. She is incredible sorry she had to leave or could not go with you :)