Monday, March 2, 2009

I Stand All Amazed....

Ok y'all - so the people who read this blog (Mom), and maybe an aunt of two, know that i am often sarcastic and silly; but i would like take this opportunity to be dramatic and serious for just a moment...

About a month ago my favorite mother introduced me to Baby Gracie's Blog. Gracie was born with a defective heart. She recently had a heart transplant and it did not work out so well. I have been reading her blog and checking it like a crazy woman for health updates lately. For some reason I just felt this strange connection to this little baby girl. Her big eyes just melted my heart. SHE IS SO SWEET AND CUTE! Maybe it is becasue i understand the smallest fraction of how she feels...a gigantic spirit born in a tiny broken little body : D although i would never even begin to compare having Turners Syndrome to Hypolastic Left Heart Syndrome. Gracie went through more these past few months than i will ever have to experience ( I hope). Long story short, after a long and difficult battle and doing everything possible.....today is Gracie Girls last day on Earth. They are going to take her off the ECMO and let her poor worn out little body finally rest.

When i read the latest blog from Gracie's mom saying what was going to go down today i was heartbroken. I know this is weird because I don't even know this family, but i was way sad. I have been in a bad mood all day because of it. I had fasted and prayed for a miricle for her yesterday and i really hoped that her new little heart would start beating and working all by itself. I just had to ask myself: "Self, if Heavenly Father can part the Red Sea for Moses and create the sun and the moon and stars...can't he fix Gracie's heart?" My brilliant self responded "OF COURSE HE CAN! He made her heart. He is God. He can do anything!" THEN WHY DIDNT HE??? WHY COULD HE NOT JUST GIVE HER A MIRICLE? I decided to ask Him in my morning prayers. I didnt get an answer right away.

When i walked up to campus I saw that there was a massive power outage. People on the computers were freaking out and it was completely dark. My Humanities 202 teacher decided to still hold class, suggesting that it would be fun. She said we could pretend that we were 19th century students. She is a little eccentric. ANYWAYS she preceeded to say "Isn't modern technology a miricle. What would we do without it?"

I thought about that....ALOT! I came to realize that YES, YES IT WAS! I thought about all the little mircles we see and all the wonderful things that happen everyday that we do not even notice. HEAVENLY FATHER DID SEND A MIRICLE TO BABY GRACIE! This girl was literally born with half a heart; however, because of modern technology she was able to live on Earth with her cute family for 11 whole months. That is a miricle! Heavenly father, through the direction of modern day prophets, restored the priesthood and built temples so that Gracie and her family can be together forever. HE SENT HIS SON TO DIE FOR US! Jesus loves each of us so much that he freely gave his own life so that we could all return to him. THAT IS THE GREATEST MIRICLE OF ALL! I truely do stand all amazed at the love Jesus Offers me and it really is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me. LOVE YOU ALL!




3 comments:

Riley said...

You my dear sister are truly an amazing person!! I LOVE YOU!!!

carly said...

Bishop and Carly want to say hello. Hope you have a great day/evening.

Elaine said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, but this is my favorite post right now. You are as awesome as ever, and I can surely tell that our Heavenly Father loves you too. He sent you a special message - a tender mercy to calm your troubled heart. And in so doing, through you, He has touched others. Thanks for sharing. Love ya!