Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sweet 15






Once upon a time, 15 snowy Christmases ago a little princess woke up to a surprise present. In it was a simple handwritten note from a nurse that said "Santa's Little Angel this year will be a litte - GRIL!!!" That was the first time i ever heard of the soon to be little creature that would shortly become my sister, little Miss Lindsey McCall. After years of Heros in Half-Shell - Turtle Power and Star Wars with my two favrite boys, Riley and Jace, I was SO EXCITED TO BE GETTING A SISTER

Fast forward to this exact day 15 years ago. I was sitting in the living room, playing with my new Easter toys when dad came in and told me that my little red-headed sister was here at last. We went to the hospital and finally i got to meet her. My dad took us to the nursery and said to pick out the prettiest baby. Yes, i remember that. I was sure right. Those big blue eyes and little dimples had me first glance.

I am so lucky that Heavenly Father sent this sweet little spirit to our family. She is so so so so so much fun. The older we get, the more alike we become and the closer we grow. This little fashion diva spices up my life. I love that she is such a perfectionist. She is so cool and so sporty, two things that i am NOT. I miss her ALL THE TIME. I have loved watching her grow into such a beautiful young lady and i cant wait to see what the future has in store. If any of the children of Michael and Lisa Christensen accomplish something in their life it will be my sister. I look forward to so many more happy times. I LOVE MY ONE AND ONLY SIS!

No comments: