Monday, November 17, 2008

Why Sunday Rocks - By Katelyn Christensen



Hey there Bloggers - K here. I just thought I would take a minute and let you all know how much I love Sundays. I hope Jaimie doesn't mind me stealing her idea to blog about Sabbath days in our home but they are just so classic I can't help myself. We don't have church meetings until 1:00 here in Virgina 1 at Liberty Square. Most people would think this church time would be annoying and a bit of a pain (not that I would ever name any specific names)...NOT ME! I love it. Here is our daily routine on Sundays. We sleep in until 9...:30 OK - sometimes 10:00 AM. We have to catch up on our crazy collage kids schedule somehow. Don't judge us. Then we pretty much get to relax. Sometimes we watch a movie, Sabbath Appropriate OF COURSE! - Like Singin' in the Rain or The Parent Trap. Sometimes we make breakfast like Pancakes or French Toast, unless we wake up and remember it is Fast Sunday : D and then we pretty much cook up everything we have in our fridge AFTER church. We are big cookies fans. We get ready for church, while Jammin' out to my iPod. Why Katelyn's iPod you may ask yourself? BECAUSE MY iPOD IS THE BEST! I have excellent taste in music just like everything else in this life. Seriously, none of this hard core head-ache yelling Heavy Metal stuff or Angry Rap that is pretending to be music. I have the good stuff. You will find the Classics, everything from NSYNC to Britney Spears and the Dixy Chicks, Carrie Underwood, you will find soundtracks to all of the very best Chick Flicks of all time, you will find musicals and of course all of the best new stuff - David Archuleta's Crush, Taylor Swift's Love Story, and Maroon 5 and Rhianna are some of our current favorites...as well as A Way Back Into Love from Music and Lyrics. We usually end our Dance Party with Lucky by Britney Spears. Then we go to church. I enjoy church, especially when Jaimie lets me teach her Sign Language or when we play Jeopardy during Sunday School. THAT gets pretty intense. After church I usually go to SLC to see my whole family - minus my ACTUAL family of course (except for Ry, he is usually there) Grandma has dinner and we have Family Night. It is one of the best times of the week, but it gets pretty crazy. Yesterday Stephanie even came! While i am on the subject can i just say how proud I am of Stephanie White and how awesome her dance concert was this weekend? WAY TO GO STEFANYA! Anyways she survived the Harmers...I think : D She was probably pretty shocked at how loud and crazy our lovely family is, "Loud" and "Crazy" being a positive choice of words on my part. At least now she knows where I got to be so Sassy. It's from my aunts...AND MOM OF COURSE! Yesterday we had a wonderful home cooked meal, an FHE lesson on being thankful, watched Ty's Football Highlight Video (AWESOME job Heidi and Honey Bunny Dan), and had very yummy Brownies. Sundays are my pretty sweet. Good food, Good friends, Good fun, Good music, Good family AND the spirit of the Lord. It doesn't get much better. I love my Roommates.

No comments: