Tuesday, November 4, 2008

ELECTION DAY!!!!

GUYS IT IS FINALLY HERE!!!! Can you believe it? In less than 24 hours we will probably know who the next President of the United States is.  That is so crazy! You all know what a Gilmore Girls fan I am and the last show of the series was on TV the other day.  This show ended my Senior year in HS almost two years ago and in the last episode Rory goes to work for the Obama Campaign.  I remember talking about the election in my American Government Class and in American Heritage here at the Y a year and a half ago.  Basically this thing has been going on FOREVER and i am ready for it to be done.  
I hope everyone gets out there and votes.  I am glad that I grew up in a home where my parents voted and always discussed the issues with us.  I remember going to vote with my mom when i was a little girl.  It is exciting to get your opinions out there. 
I am really proud of all the BYU students who have been actively campaigning for Proposition 8.  Many people here at the Y and even in Utah are upset that the church is getting involved in Politics.  I personally think the time to stand passively by is coming to a close.  We are going to have to take a stand and fight for our religion in the years to come and we might as well start now so GET OUT THERE AND CAST YOUR BALLOT!

1 comment:

Shaina and Cody said...

So hello!!1 welcome to the blog!!! Loved to see your picture. Have a great day
shaina