Monday, November 3, 2008

If you wanna be my lover....




Lucky Provo had a few celebrities Friday night for Halloween - THE SPICE GIRLS!!!! Ok, so a little background info.  In February my friends and I made a road trip to SLC for the funeral of President Hinckley.  We ended up crashing at Granny Marilyn's Hotel the night before.  We watched Spice World and ended up singing and dancing to the Spice Girls all night and listening to them all the way home.  Fast Forward to October - We get the brilliant idea of Portraying them for Halloween on account of they are basically our new idols.  I got stuck with being Ginger Spice because apparently i look like her.  I was a little worried because, lets be honest people, she is the residential Spice Slut.  Her name used to be Sexy Spice for crying out loud.  She never even wears pants - just sparkly underwear, which nobody wants to see me in.  She is flashy though, hence the outfit choice. This is about as scandalous as it gets for Katelyn Michael Christensen.  
 I wanted to buy a wig but my roommate Jaimie insisted that we dye my hair red.  Wal-Mart only had permanent hair dye, which
 was fine with James and Ali. I was not so sure.  We ended up buying some Halloween spray thats comes out to please everyone.  WATCH OUT LIL' SISTER - THERE IS A NEW HOT REDHEAD CHRISTENSEN IN TOWN! lol, or at least there was for a few hours.  My scalp is STILL red. 
 The other girlies looked great.  Marci as Posh was probably my favorite I am not going to lie.  Shemade the best Victoria Becks ever.  She struck the most AMAZING poses in all of the pics.  I loved when people recognized us  and yelled out "HEY - It's the Spice Girls..." It gave us opportunities to bust out Wannabe - which we did whenever we got the chance.  I finally learned the words by the end of the night.  I havn't stopped singing that stupid song since! It was fun.  I love these chicks - they are the best.  I have the most amazing friends ever.   GIRL POWER! I threw in a few pictures of the real Spice Girls to throw you off. Spot the difference...I DARE YOU

3 comments:

Marci and Sarah! said...

KTG-
I love you. And I am sorry that I have been slacking and that I haven't blogged about halloween yet. But I love love love your blog. the end.

Unknown said...

Kate:
I love your liberal spirit!!! To dress up like the spice girls at of all places BYU. I secretly wish I had the body of victoria!!
Heidi

Katelyn Michael said...

Heidi there is always next year - you do have four sisters. You would make the best victoria EVER! Holly could be Sporty, Tara could be baby, Kelly could be Scary...ITS PERFECT! My mom can be Ginger. HAHAA DO IT!