Saturday, November 8, 2008

Food 4 Thought...


If i were Miss Skinny Toothpick of the World or a beautiful Princess/Heiress Celebrity this is totally what i would look like - except maybe with a smaller nose LoL. Some days i think we all wake up and  feel we would give or do anything to look like someone like Nicole Richie or have the infinite amount of money she has.  The truth is - NO WE WOULDN'T, or at least most of us wouldn't.  I am happy to be me! I have a great life with amazing friends and family and I go to the best school on the planet.  I am healthy and happy and life is good.  Nicole Richie and all the celebrities in the world have nothing on Kate the Great Christensen, even with the lumps ; D I was born in 21st century America and i have the Gospel in my life.  I don't need Mr. Lionel "All Night Long" Richie for a dad to make me happy.  I close with the sweet words of the very wise sister Majorie Pay Hinckley... 
"I don't want to drive up to the Pearly Gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully , tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.  
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. 
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. 
I want to be there with sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here."
Think of that next time you watch the Oscars or feel your life is mediocre People!

No comments: