Sunday, August 9, 2009

PROPHETS! APOSTLES! MIGHTY MEN!

Ok so I WILL eventually upload pictures of efy and post about my experiences as a counselor PROMISE...and YOU SHOULD ALL BE SO EXCITED!!!! I have some good stories. UNTIL THEN -
The other day at efy I went to a class on Prophets and Apostles and it really made me realize how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE MEN and am so thankful that we have a prophet leading our church. I do not know where I would be without the apostles and President Monson. Do you even understand how excited I am to teach that to the people of the state of Texas???? I put together some clips my MY FAVORITE things from recent years that general authorities have said in conference. Here are some of them...

Joseph B. Wirthlin - Elder wirthlin recently passed away and I never really paid much attention to him like I would have Elder Holland, my favorite General Authority. The second to last time he spoke in General Conference he spoke about love. I was there with my buddy Kayla...IN LIKE THE TENTH ROW!!!!! He started shaking and Elder Nielson had to hold him up to the mic so he could talk because he was so weak. It was the sweetest thing EVER! And the talk was so marvelous too. This clip is from his last address and I LOVE IT! It has quickly become a motto in my life.



Henry B. Eyring – This man is brilliant! I love him because he speaks with such conviction and power, but it does not feel forced or like he is trying to milk emotion out of you. This was a great talk and some really useful advice from him.



President Hinckley - This man will ALWAYS have a little piece of my heart. I still miss him. He was such a happy and positive person and hearing his voice still makes me all emotional. SUCH A GOOD MAN. So witty and clever and funny and AMAZING IN EVERY WAY! My goal in life is to BE like Gordon B. Hinckley. I was there when he gave this address and I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER IT!



My favorite - Elder Holland. You know how there is always that talk that you really need to hear and is an answer to your prayers at General Conference time? MINE IS ALWAYS ELDER HOLLAND. ALWAYS. Even when he came to BYU to give devotional this year it was what I needed to hear at that time. There are a couple clips from him. I don’t remember ever hearing the Speaking with the Tongue of Angels one BUT IT IS SO GOOD. The other two are super powerful testimonies. Elder Holland is AWESOME.

value="http://www.youtube.com/v/StnvS9osPXQ&hl=en&fs=1&">



I love them all. I love all the General Authorities. President Uchtdorf is super classy and has good ties. Elder Perry is so jolly and Elder Packer is so wise. I learn from all of them. I am going to close with one from President Monson. LOVE!



The answer to your question is...YES. I DID just post about General Authorities. GET OVER IT. I am practically a missiony ; ) IT IS SUNDAY after all. Hope you enjoyed!

1 comment:

sarah joelle said...

president hinckley's voice makes me all emotional too. oh man. i love that man. remember how we went to his funeral? that was such an amazing experience. also, elder holland really delivers when he gives talks. and i know we're not supposed to play favorites, but...he's my favorite. :)