Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmastime is here....

HEY EVERYONE! Sorry it has been a while since I have blogged.  I've been SUPER DUPER busy ever since Thanksgiving and things have been a little bits nuts.  Nothing I can't handle, it is to be expected at the end of a semester that life is CRAZY, especially Fall semester because the Holidays are here. I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!! AAAHHH!!! Only one more week - The dreaded finals week...DUN DUN DUN DUN.  I already took my first final and it was not bad at all, granted it was Sign Language but one down is one down, am i right? Anyways what is new in my life that is worth sharing? Not much.  School is pretty much an extreme dominate force right now.  I am SO ready for a fresh new batch of classes it is driving me INSANE! We still do have time to have a little fun. 
 This past weekend i went with Stefanya to her Art Show
 Final.  It was pretty sweet.  It was suppose to be a representation of how much chicken is consumed in the city of Provo daily so each student got to draw all these little chicks anyway they wanted.  Stephanie's were by the best OF COURSE! After the Art Show we were walking around Down Town Provo.  Did you know that Provo has TWO tattoo Parlors, a reception hall, and a hearing aid specialty building?I did not.  One would think that after 18 months of living in this fascinating town i would know all about this stuff, not that i am planning on getting married here OR getting a tattoo - i may need a hearing aid in the near future but that is besides the point.  If you have not been out on a walk around the town you live in you as of late you should do it.  We saw so many interesting things, including people singing and dancing and chanting to tribal music and performing some kind of  ritual ceremony.  It was great.
 We walked past this church that was having a nativity display gallery so we went in, mostly for the free doughnuts and hot cider but they had some pretty cool displays if i do say so myself.  I wished i had my special Olivewood Nativity all the way from Bethlehem to put up.  It is totally blue ribbon material.  Speaking of which, mother I hope you are enjoy my nativity and showing it to everyone that walks in our home.  One of us should be....
Stephanie and I had a great time. We went shopping at TJ Max and ShopKo.  I am always amused at how Steph and i can entertain ourselves.  We also saw THE DARK KNIGHT!!!!  BAM!!! THATS RIGHT!!! BATMAN IS SO ATTRACTIVE!!!! He has no need for radioactive spider or KriptoNite because he is just seeping with awesomeness all my his lone self.  
Saturday i went up to SLC for my the annual Butler 20th Ward Ladies Christmas Luncheon.  I had a lovely time with my aunts as usual - and Grandmary too of course! I am going to the Harmer Family Christmas Party this sunday to exchange gifts and eat good food.  You can all look forward to me blogging about that in the near future.  Yesterday i went to the MOTAB Christmas Concert, which was amazing! I have such magical powers.  Stephanie was helping me study for my Composer exam for Humanities the day before and the choir had already sung several songs that I had to learn for my test.  We thought we were so smart and cultured because we knew who the classical pieces were by.  I turned to her and said "Steph, I wish they would sing Handel's Messiah just for us..." as the words left my mouth, and i am talking at that EXACT moment the lights went up and music got loud and the choir went straight into the "HAL-LE-LU-JAH!" I have never seen our eyes get so big in my life. 
 I have a date to temple square on Saturday to see the lights.  Tonight i am having a Sleepover Christmas Party at Marci and Sarah's, the fun just never ends folks.  I will try my best to get some studying done but i cant make any promises.  Life is just so much more interesting :D Especially when you have Alison to put on your Israeli Belly Dancing Costume and jingle around our apartment.
P.S. Can i say how much i am loving Provo right now with this AWESOME sunshine and blue skies...cold enough to bundle up in cute winter clothes but not too awful to climb the blasted stairs to campus all the day long.  LOVE IT! 

No comments: