Thursday, February 19, 2009

A little Love...

HELLO WORLD! OK, so last week was basically CRAP.  I had three midterms and two papers due. It was just one of those dumb weeks where everything falls into the same time slot for school, you know? I HATE those weeks.  Everything turned out just dandy. Test went well and i am done with round Uno of midterms. YAY FOR ME! SO HAPPY!
My Valentine's was kind of lame to start off with.  I had to take my final test of the week, which was this KILLER Humanities 202 test so i spent the majority of the day studying for and taking the dang test.  I AM SO HAPPY IT IS OVER! I did receive a fabulous V-Day package from the best Parents ever created with all my fav candies, some sweet new sweats, a couple of books, and a movie : D LOVE MY FAMILIA! ANYWAYS after i came home from taking my test around 5:00 Stephanie and I decided that we should not wa
ste a good date night just because we don't have a man to fawn over us and adorn us with gifts.  We were each others Valentine.  We saw "He's Just Not That Into You..." It had its moments of brilliance...and its moments of epic fail. I would say it was pretty mediocre.  Then we came home and stuffed our faces with chocolate and the most amazing cookies EVER thanks to Steph's amazing mother.  Stephanie also bought me a moodring! How romantic right? I KNOW! I have always wanted one.  SUCCESS!
Sunday was Stake Conference.  We got a new Stake President who just happens to be the son of President Monson. I really liked him.  Anybody who quotes Seinfeld in church is OK by me.  Ali was with her family all weekend and Jaimie went to church with Sean. Bri had to work and Becky was having friends over so i thought it would be an opportune time to visit my family in SLC.  Stephanie and I headed down to Grandma's house and it was fantastic.  She fed us a wonderful dinner and we played with the little McLay children.  Sara and Abbey came to visit and i beat their little butts in Phase 10.  It was a good day. 
Monday was The Day of Mental Health.  I have been needing a Mental Health Day for a while so stephanie and i decided to do things that we love...here 
is a list of all the awesome things we did...
* went to the temple
* Got all dolled up
* Went to Toys R Us and played with all the fun toys
* Cafe Rio Lunch
* Saw Confessions of a Shopoholic
* Went to ShopKo
* Colored a Princes Picture
* Painted our nails/ rubbed each others hands and feet
 It was a much needed break and fun to do absolutely NOTHING but fun stuff for once.  I hope you all had a happy heart day and that you spent it with someone you love, even it is is your silly roommate whom you absolutely adore instead of a handsome prince charming.  I am so lucky to have so many people in my life who love me.  

1 comment:

Lauren Kay said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend! Those are the best!